Lucky charms can’t control the outcome of a spin.
Have a ball and consider your losses the cost of entertainment.
The object of the game is to bet correctly on where the ball will land.
Rule #1: Set a budget. Rule #2: Stick to it.
- You can place more than 10 types of bets
- Join a game by purchasing chips from the croupier
- Unlike other casino games, each player’s chips are a different color
- These non-value chips are used only at the table you purchase them on
- Bet on a single number, several single numbers, a group of numbers, or groups of numbers
- The croupier will spin the wheel and call “no more bets”
- Players who guess correctly, win
Keep your fingers and toes away from the spinning wheel
- When joining a table, wait until there’s a break in the action before buying chips
- Keep the game moving, make your bets on time
- Don’t put anything other than chips on the table
- When done playing, you should exchange your non-value chips for regular denomination chips that can be used at other games
Every spin is random. What happened in previous spins is no more or less likely to happen again.
- Always remain realistic about your chances of winning
- Bets with the lowest odds of winning and highest payout odds are Straight, Split and Three Numbers/Street bet
- Bets with the highest odds of winning and lowest payout odds are Red, Black, Odd, Even, 1 to 18 and 19 to 36
- Payout odds for any single space are 35 to 1, but the probability (true odds) that the ball will land on that space are 38 to 1 (there are 38 spaces on a roulette wheel)
Know the game. Play on your terms.
Croupier: The formal name of a casino employee who operates the roulette table
Inside Bet: A bet made on one or more specific numbers. These bets have a smaller chance of winning but boast bigger payouts.
Outside Bet: A bet made on a group of numbers. These bets have a much larger chance of winning but the payouts are small
Pockets: The spaces on the roulette wheel where the ball lands
Straight: A wager that the ball will land on a single specific number
Split: A wager that the ball will land on one of two specific numbers, adjacent on the layout
Basket Bet: Covers zero, double zero and the number two, paying 11 to 1
Top Line Bet: Covers both single and double zero along with the numbers 1, 2 and 3. Pay off is 6 to 1
Three Numbers: A wager that the ball will land on one of three specific numbers in a single row on the layout